Weekly Update #125

Welcome back once again as we peer into the week that was.

This week was good week for us and we’re feeling re-invigorated to get some more changes made to Faith & Flintlocks.

What we achieved last week:

  • The Ophidia’s muscles and anatomy are done and laid out though he needs some more detail added (pinched skin, scars, the occasional popping vein maybe). We’ve also been toying with updating his head and it looks like we’re getting closer to where we want to be.
  • Simon has been producing some awesome renders of our current models and has been plastering them on our social media platforms.
  • We also managed to head along to the Auckland Game Artisans meet up, where we helped play test some games but also spent time discussing our game and some of our ideas. We’re now looking at bring a full play test of F & F to their next meet up in September.
  • Finally we’ve also had some feedback regarding looking at getting the Two Horn & Moschops printed and cast, hopefully we can get that progressed sooner rather than later!

The tabletop designer meet up we went to as part of the Game Artisans was awesome. It was a great chance for us to speak to others about our ideas and get a chance to be inspired by other people designing their own games. As I mentioned above we’re hopefully looking at bringing along Faith & Flintlocks to play test during their next meet up in September. To do that means we’ll have to do another print run of a few cards and lock in a few changes that are so far in our heads but not on paper.

Ophidia_Concepts_ 65.jpg

With our aim of hitting the next tabletop designers meet up, our goals for the coming week are:

  • Finish the Ophidia’s fins & spines. Once those are locked in I’ll be doing a quick retopologizing followed by some work on his head if I get time.
  • Going through the current Fate & Fortune decks to ensure they are ready to reprint
  • Look at reprinting the character cards with new health dial
  • Check the rulebook to see if it has been updated with any of our latest changes.

So basically we need to check what is currently written down versus what we know needs to change. Sounds easy but usually there’s always something small that slips through the gaps >_<.

Until next week folks 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s