Ahoy there and welcome back 🙂
It’s been a busy week with work, life and a little bit of Azul ;p but I have managed to squeeze in some time for Faith & Flintlocks.
So as I mentioned last week I was going to work on the cards. I managed to find all the templates that had been gathering dust, sorteod out what I needed and started putting together some rough card designs.
I thumb-nailed (small sketches) some quick concepts for the card fronts. After about 10 I found a design that worked for me and spent a few more images tiding it up. After that I thought I’d get in to it by doing the card backs first. I pulled from Jono’s cool rulebook concept, nicking any images or designs that I thought would work and below you can see the end result. They look pretty snazzy in my opinion though perhaps the background is a tad dark (would love hear some other thoughts on this). These two are the card backs for the Mime and Hantu faction decks. Simple and straightforward these two should work well for the next rev of playtests.
Looking at next week I plan to finish of the Cinder and Isogorean card backs along with put together the basic template for the card fronts. It shouldn’t be too hard but I think it will take longer than I think it will (I have very little grasp on how long graphic design takes lol).
Let me know what you think of the design and how your get your graphics done.
Until next week, take it easy 🙂