One of my goals for this week (as I’m sure you’re well aware) is to get some rough concept sculpts done so that we can take them, 3D print them, and get a feel for how they will look on the tabletop. It is also an excuse to get more practice in with Zbrush 🙂
So after going over the notes and ideas from Saturday I modified one of the previous silhouettes to give me a head start on what I should be aiming for:
I then started in Zbrush using some quick Zspheres to layout a shape. After a while I found I was still struggling with some of the shapes I was trying to capture so I went back to the sketch pad to rough some ideas out:
Finally I came to something that, while isn’t perfect (anatomy is very dodgy) or finished in anyway is a nice starting point and good enough for a quick and dirty 3D print. How this evolves from here will be very interesting to see.
I have to say though, one thing that does bug me about the model is its current head, I just couldn’t get what I wanted out of it within the time frame I had given myself. But at least it is out there now and it can only get better from here on.