Ahoy there and welcome back to the regular dev blog!
Rolling straight into it we’ve been hammering away with further developments this week. Simon and I have finished our gameplay and fluff pass on the Hantu faction cards with them now feeling slicker and more unified. There’s plenty of zombie gags, mixed in with a few pamphlets to the face to bring out their inner door knockers. One thing we do while going through the cards is make sure all the fluff is up to date and meshes well. That is one thing we struggled with while doing the Hantu, as they make a great visual gag (aggressively friendly zombie mormons) but struggle a bit as a text gag. Luckily we figured that out and we’re now moving on to the next faction!
I have continued to gather cost estimates and I’m putting together a quote request for another company or two as I type this. Hopefully we can find some middle ground that lets us get the models we want with price we want to sell at.
Luke has done another revision of our long form story. I haven’t had a chance to read it yet but I’m dying to dive back into it to see what he’s done to polish it up. Speaking of writing we’ve put together some more details for the next newsletter thanks to Mark B.
Looking at the graphics and design, Jono has fired out 3 new designs for the Fate, Fortune and Faction decks and they’re looking cool. Simon and I need to get together and review the designs. Which also means looking at how we use the art assets. Do we want a single stand alone image or a scene of something happening, etc. Would love to hear some opinions on this.
We’re also developing our emailing list on the Faith and Flintlocks site, when it’s done you’ll be able to sign up for the regular newsletter and also stay up to date with when the kickstarter goes live. Keep a look out for it and don’t forget to sign up once we’ve got it live.
Plenty of things to review for next week, but we’re tracking along well this year.
Until next week folks, take it easy 🙂