It’s now 2017 and we’re back in action! After much relaxation, sun, snoozing and boardgames we’re getting back into the swing of normal life. Though I think we’d both rather be back on holiday 😉
But over that holiday period we did manage some thoughts, ideas and a few chats about Faith & Flintlocks.
- We have been discussing ideas for the campaign side of our game. How to take players into the world and keep them interested in growing their gangs. I believe we’re fairly keen on a separate campaign booklet, though the exact nature of the booklet is still under debate. But the core idea behind it is to string together random arbitrary scenarios into a story of connected skirmishes.
- Our writer friend has been busy writing stories (or continuing existing ones). He should be having these ready for review shortly and I can’t wait to read them.
- As you would have seen over the break there have been a few sketches of concept races that we might consider for expansions or kickstarter stretch goals.
- And there was also random discussions and ideas surrounding the game.
It would be nice to say we’d done more over the holidays, but it was a really good opportunity for a break from computer screens, deadlines and work, so we took it 😀
But with our holiday a fading memory we’ve got to get back into the swing of things, and as such our goals for the coming week are:
- I want to get back onto the Two Horn sculpt. I won’t be finishing it this coming week but I need to do another stock take of her progress. I will hopefully be able to square away a few parts of her sculpt before next Thursday though.
- Our graphic designer friend is putting together some ideas for a better logo for us, which he reckons should be ready by this weekend. Should be awesome to see them.
- Simon is most likely out of commission this coming week, but hopefully he’ll get time for a stock take of the Moschops so we know what is left to do.
- I want to mock up a page or two of the campaign booklet so that we can start to review it and develop that further.
Not a huge hit list but we’re hardly likely to be going from 0 to 100 straight away I figure haha. So better to ease ourselves into 2017 with an achievable list 😀
Until next week folks 🙂