Welcome back once again to our Weekly Dev blog where we dive into the week that was.
This week has been an interesting one and a slightly hectic one for myself due to my wife giving birth to our latest addition to our family. Which is awesome and fantastic but not conductive for working. But lets have a look at what we’ve achieved this week anyway 🙂
- Simon and I have had a sit down and re-evaluated our goals and targets for Faith & Flintlocks. This includes but is not limited to:
- Scrapping the story driven interconnected scenario segment of the game. This doesn’t mean we won’t have a campaign mode or that we won’t release some sort of story driven expansion later just that for right now to get this game out we need to focus on what we are able to do here and now.
- Putting a focus on the Miniatures as these are one of the most enjoyable parts for us and where we have the most expertise.
- Pegging the game for a 2018 final quarter kickstarter release date.
- Matt has done yet another stella job smashing out the Sarcos concept art and it looks awesome.
- Simon has started work on the Peregryn sculpt.
- We have also been comparing the sculpts we have so far that Simon has been 3d printing.
So a good week with decisions made but not the most productive of weeks. And looking at the next weeks it will be interesting to see how quickly I can get back up to speed with work. But forgetting that for now here is the super awesome character art for the Sarcos.
Moving on to next week as per our gantt chart:
- Simon will be further progressing the Peregryn sculpt.
- I will be going back to the Sarcos sculpt to sharpen him up a bit and check a few issues we found in a test 3d print.
- And if all goes to plan Matt will soon be starting on the next piece of character art.
I have to say that with our new gantt chart it’s a lot easier to look at what we are doing next week because in theory we’ve already mapped it out 😀
Until next week folks 🙂