It’s late Thursday night and I’ve finally remembered I need to put together this blog!
Let’s have a quick look back at what we managed this week:
- The notes from our play test have been stored and filed.
- The Two Horn has had further updates and is painstakingly close to being done.
- Simon has had some cool thoughts and ideas for developing our campaign ruleset (going on expeditions to far off places in search for relics!)
Now last week I said I was aiming to have all the detailing finished for the Two Horn and I can say that it was indeed a bold call because it isn’t likely to happen now. I just haven’t had enough hours in the day to be able to finish her up to the standard we are aiming for and as such she’ll now have to wait till after Christmas and New Years till she is ready to print. But with all that said she is basically almost there. This week I’ve fixed her skirt, scaled down her hands and feet (to make more lady like), fixed her boots, finished her hair and hair ties, re-adjusted her shirt and fixed up her satchel bag on her waist. The only things left to do are a final detail pass of her head, hands and arms, final pass on her rear equipment (rope hook, axe and spade), final pass on her belt, separation of meshes for printing and the insertion of keys and sockets for ease of assembly. And in the grand scheme of things, those final things to do are pretty minor and her overall shape, pose and feel won’t be changing.
Now because this is our last update before Christmas and probably our last one for the year I’m going to put down a list of things we hope to get done over our holidays (both Simon and I are heading away over the break for some much deserved rest).
- We will review our stories and fluff as written by our writer friend.
- We will create and solidify our campaign rules so that we can start testing those.
- We’ll be probably be doing more sketching and coming up with ideas for expansions and how to tighten our current rule set.
- We’ll be looking to further develop visual themes for our factions.
- And in general we’ll probably be shooting the breeze and coming up with crazy new ideas that may or may not see the light of day 😀
Now you’ll notice a distinct lack of 3d sculpting mentioned in that list and that is because I doubt I will be taking my laptop with me and Simon doesn’t have a laptop to run the software on. And another good reason is that we need a bit of a break from computer screens day in and day out.
So with that I’ll try to bring this post to a close, we won’t be doing another update post till probably the third week of January (I’m not back at work until then) but we’ll try and keep the Art Dump posts coming to keep you all entertained 😀 (except this coming Sunday as its Christmas!!).
We’d like to thank all of you for all the support this year and we can’t wait to do it all again next year, with even more models coming out and most likely a rules release for beta testing!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 🙂