Once again we delve in to the week that was. And while it has been another ridiculously busy week at work I’m happy that I’ve been able pump out a number of Cinder concept sketches and a few other bits and bobs.
So what exactly have we managed this week?
- The Cinder look and theme continues to be developed. Many a sketch has been scribbled and a lot of reference searching has been done.
- Website research continues and we’re looking at what is available as suggested by our web designer friend.
So not a lot up there to look at but Cinder ended up taking a fair bit of time. When we started they were just the fire guys with a Spanish flair and feel. Now as we narrow them down, we’ve found all their missionaries / priests are called Quixotes and that they carry their personal flame in a lantern around their neck. As they rise in stature and regard, they gain additional flames which they must look after in lanterns worn about their body. Oh and a slang term others use for them is ‘Clinkers’, mostly due to the never ending clinking and clanking they make as they walk with all those lanterns hanging about.
As for the coming week’s to do list:
- Continue to develop the Cinder look at feel. I would like to get to the stage where we can park them and move along to one of the other 4 factions but we’ll see how we go.
- Mockup a new concept for the website
- Do some more speed sculpting practice.
- Stretch goals for the week: Do some concept art for the remaining factions, faction logo / symbol concepts, extra fluff written, start rough model of the town, review any outstanding items in the wiki
Not a super long list there, but next week’s workload is a little uncertain at the moment so I don’t want to promise the earth and then deliver bugger all 😛