Another week of fun is done and we’re back to report on our progress. Progress has been steady this week which isn’t the most exciting thing to say but better than saying we did jack all :p . Also, it turns out that coming up with concepts for melee weapons (swords, spears and what not) after weeks of muskets and blunderbuss’s takes a bit of a mind shift, so progress on those concepts has been a tad slow 😦
So what exactly have we done over the last 7 days? We’ve:
- Produced a mockup for a website upgrade. Eventually once we’ve nailed the concept we’ll look to upgrade the site and add tons more information and buttons to click.
- The Sarcos weapon concepts have been pushed around. They’re starting to come together and we’ve got a contender but it needs some work. Wrist mounted blades look cool but seem to suffer a bit in practicality 😀
- The Pup’s weapon concept has been started with a page or two of rough sketches just trying to get a feel for what kind of sword he’ll be swinging.
- The Draz’s weapon now has a few concepts which has served to generate more discussion over what the heck he should be wielding.
Slow progress is still progress, and at least we’re nearly done with all the weapon concept work.
Looking forward to next week, our goals are to:
- Finish the concept for the Sarcos’s weapon
- Finish the concepts for the Pup’s weapons
- Finish the concepts for the Draz’s weapon
- Re-jig the Cinder pre-made gang to boost their awesomeness
- Properly write up 2 of the new scenarios in the new format
- Stretch goals for the week: Do some concept art for the factions, faction logo / symbol concepts, start on Zbrush sculpting the One Horn, extra fluff written, start rough model of the town, review any outstanding items in the wiki.
That stretch goal list always seems to be growing longer and longer. So many things we want to finish off and do but so little time!!! How do all these other game developers manage this!